Plants are Magic Magazine Vol 1
Plants are Magic is a new, eagerly awaited magazine for makers, dreamers and plant lovers. A celebration of botanical creativity and the human relationship with plants. Featuring plant based art, craft, food, healing, recipes, interviews, experiences and tutorials.
More a book than a magazine, A5 size, soft cover, perfect bound, printed on FSC certified silk paper, proudly ad-free and independently published by UK-based dyer Rebecca Desnos.
Plants are Magic Vol 1 theme is well-being, and includes:
- Colours that Heal: harnessing the power of plants to dye therapeutic cloth.
- Oil Power: ever wondered about the difference between an oil infusion and an essential oil? A herbalist share's her journey and shows us the kinds of plants that make the best oil infusions and why.
- The Online Herbalist : explor another herbalist's thoughts on how herbal medicine is changing thanks to the technological age that we live in.
- Nourish Your Creativity : Practical tips for eating and cooking to help us reconnect with our inner creativity.
- Eat The Rainbow : Colourful plant-based recipes for a delicious Spring/Summer lunch.
- Homegrown Healing : Read a mother's account of how her garden nourishes the whole family, not only with delicious produce, but through a whole rhythm of life revolving around their garden.
- A Therapeutic Language of Plant Life: Why are humans instinctively drawn to plants?
- Noticing Nature : How to appreciate what you have around you, no matter where you live. Some tips for sparking creativity and encouraging mindfulness.
- Interviews with a botanical artist, florist, plant-lover and family who live a plant-centred life.